We are a boutique business law firm with over twenty-five years of combined experience representing privately held small to medium sized businesses, in the areas of business/corporate law, beverage law (wineries, breweries, restaurants) asset protection, intellectual property and real estate law.
We adhere to a pragmatic approach in representing our clients by first understanding the needs/goals of our clients and then offering feasable solutions to those needs.
Our firm was founded upon the goal of avoiding the typical “law firm” approach to the practice of law, which is often incompatible with meeting the goals and expectations of small business, entrepreneurs, and individuals.
As a “law firm” attorney, Mr. Newcomb heard all the traditional complaints, such as:
- Lawyers are too expensive;
- My lawyer won’t return my (numerous) phone calls; and
- The lawyer assigned to my case is new and doesn’t know what he/she is doing.
After hearing these and other complaints over the years, Mr. Newcomb decided to form his own firm in order to provide his clients with a better experience.
Our approach to the practice of law is different (in a good way) than what many businesses have experienced from traditional law firms. In particular,
- Our rates are less than typical law firms. By reducing our overhead (i.e. eliminating the glass tower with marble floors), We are able to extend to our clients the cost savings. This also means we can devote more time to our clients’ needs in order to be cost effective.
- We also limit the number of clients to a manageable size to prevent client dissatisfaction and quick response.
We get to know and understand our clients legal needs at a deeper level than most attorneys.
We are highly skilled and dedicated to providing cost effective and responsive legal representation. We strive to give every client the personal attention they require and deserve by analyzing risk, weighing the benefits and identifying goals to help your business grow.
Phone: 951-541-0220, Ext. 101
Accomplished attorney with more than 10 years of broad experience advising clients in business law, asset protection, intellectual property, contracts, employment, corporate financing, copyright protection, licensing, and business matters.
Strategic business thinker with a proven ability to bring creative solutions to complex transactions in order to meet the business and legal needs of clients. Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to synthesize and explain complex issues and obtain consensus among disparate groups.
Bar Admissions: Licensed in California and admitted to the Central and Southern U.S. District Courts
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance/Transactions
- Privacy Matters (Financial, HIPAA)
- Business Transactions
- Trade Secrets
- Regulatory Compliance
- Financing (Debt, Equity, Venture Capital)
- Intellectual Property
- Strategic Business Planning
- Internet and New Media Issues
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, CA – Juris Doctor, December 1996
• Class Rank: Top 20%
• Honor: Law Review
Phone: 951-541-0220, Ext. 103
Susan is “Of Counsel” to the firm.
Highly skilled and efficient attorney with more than 10 years litigation and general practice experience in construction defect litigation, real estate law, business law, mechanic’s liens, premises liability, products liability, professional malpractice and employment law. Clientele in the construction and business arena have included developers, general contractors, specialty contractors, product manufacturers, design professionals, and property owners.
Tactical decision maker and successful negotiator with a proven ability to analyze complex legal matters quickly and to strategically identify, evaluate and handle legal claims and business needs of clients. Facilitates cost-effective and amicable resolutions to disputes, while discerning the need for aggressive pursuit or defense of litigated matters when appropriate.
Bar Admissions: Licensed in California and admitted to the Central and Southern U.S. District Courts.
Areas of Expertise
- Construction Litigation
- Real Estate
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability Defense
- Business Litigation
Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, CA – Juris Doctor, May 1992.
- Class Rank: Top 10%
- Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- American Jurisprudence Awards – Legal Research and Writing I and II
Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX – B.B.A. Business Management, summa cum laude, 1989.
- Grade Point Average 3.86/4.0
- Vice President of GATA, Women’s Social Club
Areas of Practice
- Formation of your corporation/LLC/limited partnership or partnership;
- Security issuance and investors;
- Employee Issues and Disputes;
- Shareholder/Member Disputes; and,
- Contracts (promissory notes, security agreements, etc.).
- Insurance Evaluation.
- Entity Formations (LLC, corporations, limited partnerships, etc.).
- Estate Planning and Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Evaluation and Opinion Letters
- Registration of Federal and State Marks
- Response to Office Actions
- Assignment / Transfer
- Trade secrets
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Protection Policies and Procedures
- Assignment / Transfer
- Infringement Disputes
- Licensing / Royalties
- Cyber / Internet Law
- WIPO and Domain Name Disputes
- Domain Names
Real Estate Law
- Commercial / Residential Purchase
- Leases / Rental Agreements
- Net and Triple Net
- Shopping Center (retail with percentage rents)
- Land and Ground Lease
- Disputes between property owners
- Investment Properties and Asset Protection
While our firm is based in Temecula, which is located in South Riverside County, California, our clients can be found all over California, including Ventura, Napa, San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside County, Temecula, Murrieta, Hemet, Fallbrook, and Escondido.